The mountains have inspired many a great writers from Rudyard Kipling to Ruskin Bond. No wonder, the best of poetry is dedicated to the snow capped mountains, the blue sky, the blooming flowers, the cool breeze. Do they inspire you too?
If the answer is ‘Yes’, then, Development Logics, an Information Technology Services company, nestled in the shadows of the mighty Dhauladhar ranges – in Dharamshala, a small town in Himachal Pradesh may just be the right place for you.
The mountains look nice but not are easy to scale. But then who said, we wanted it easy. We are a bunch of guys, who went off the beaten path to create more than 100 jobs in the IT sector, something unheard of in small, sleepy remote towns. We believe in creating a socio-economic value system that helps in creating jobs for locals, discouraging brain-drain to the metros.
Trust us when we say that. The folks at Development Logics have bridged the gap between the desire for a great career with opportunities in a metro and the ideal peaceful life of the mountains. Internet has shrunk the world and we have brought international business from other countries closer home to the mountains.
You have got a chance to fulfill your creative urge, inspired by nature, to write sleek articles for international blogs or the vagaries of Himachal Pradesh, or turn around news into infotainment articles.
Though we would prefer someone who can make it to Dharamshala, but if you think and believe, that your creative juices flow more from the metro cafes; but believe in our values, and want to work remotely, we encourage you to talk. Trust us, we won’t judge you. After all, internet is about connecting the world. You can still send us your Application. The Mountains are waiting for you.
Desired Skills and Experience
The profile will largely involve content writing and development for blogs, rewrite press releases, thought leadership articles, write news and informative pieces on Himachal. The following are some skills that we require at the least:
- Excellent writing skills in a number of different styles/tones (English)
- Impeccable spelling and grammar
- Great research, organizational, and learning skills
- Proficiency in softwares like Microsoft Word, Google Docs and other text editors
- Working knowledge of online Content management Systems like WordPress
- Familiarity with keyword placement and other SEO best practices
- An understanding of formatting articles on and for the web
- Basic image editing skills like cropping, brightness/contrast adjustments etc
- Knowledge of best practices of social media — Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram
- 1-3 years of content writing or journalistic experience
- Freshers too can apply
Job role will require (besides the above):
- Ideation of articles that have shelf life around Himachal
- Ideation of articles for Inbound Marketing for international clients
- High energy and enthusiasm, with a strong commitment to exceeding client expectations
- Flexibility and openness to work on a variety of assignments, industries, and roles
- Ability to learn quickly, make an immediate impact, and provide value-added service to our clients
- Strong English communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player with a strong desire to be an active, long-term participant in the growth of the local office and the company overall
- Entrepreneurial spirit and belief in the opportunities that Development Logics offers.
- Interest and passion to get involved in other cross-team functions like curating events, Social Media Management
Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications
- A graduate in BA (Hons) English and a Journalism/Creative Writing Diploma certificate is preferable; but then if you have a proven track record of great writing skills, we don’t need to see your degrees. Just show us your writing samples.
- Demonstrated career progression and job stability
- As per local industry standards. It’s not a constraint for the right candidate
About Development Logics
Headquartered in Dharamshala, Development Logics, is working with customers globally in delivering IT solutions such as website, mobile application, digital marketing, BPO, customer support, system administration and network management services. The company is instrumental in bringing internet to remote locations of district Kangra. Through its wireless infrastructure, Development Logics, connects remote schools, panchayats, common service centers, hospitals and rural homestays to the internet, which is the fuel for the new economy.